Lounge Chairs for a Comfortable Living Room
To most of us, a lounge chair is just a place to sit and relax. But this piece of furniture also has a major impact on the look of your living room. It can act as the centrepiece of the living room, and it can even come to dictate the feel of the whole space. And what's more? It can be combined with sofas or other chairs that have seats that are not as deep, making the entire sitting area more versatile.
What are Lounge Chairs?
Just like sofas and armchairs, lounge chairs are a great way to make your living room more comfortable. They provide a place to sit and relax, which is especially welcome after a long, weary day, or when you need a break from everyday housekeeping.
And just like with sofas, lounge chairs come in a wide range of styles and designs to suit your tastes and preferences. One of the benefits of lounge chairs is that they can be combined with other styles of chairs or sofas to give the room a cohesive look.
They tend to have a higher back and a thicker seat than traditional chairs do, making them more comfortable to sit in for long. And by design, lounge chairs tend to have a more modern feel than traditional chairs do. This also makes them a great addition to any room, regardless of the other styles of furniture there. Some also have a recliner style mechanism, allowing them to be laid out for a very comfortable nap.
Create a Free-Spirited Theme
Some people think that lounge chairs are only suitable for offices as they don't match with other living room décor in homes. This is certainly not true! With most well-designed modern furniture, one can create an unconventional theme, like with minimalist-style furnishings.
The Perfect Add-Ons for Your Living Room
If you’re looking to improve the decor of your home, a lounge chair is a great way to go. There are just so many different styles, colours, and materials to choose from when it comes to selecting a lounge chair for your living room!
These may be different than what you would typically find, but they can still be functional and comfortable, just like any other chair that you work with on a daily basis.
Here are some tips on how to choose the best lounge chair for you:
- Find out its seating capacity. It will depend on how many people you expect to sit there on a regular basis
- Go for one that suits your aesthetic, material, and colour preferences
- If possible, choose ones with adjustable arms and backrests
Choosing the Best Lounge Chair
Want to make your place look stylish and cozy? Then comfortable lounge chairs could be the best addition to your living room, giving you a great spot to relax or nap. So, if you are looking for new lounge chairs, here are some factors that you need to keep in mind before buying one:
- Find lounge chairs that are comfortable to sit on. The chair should be made of materials that are soft yet durable, so you can rest well while sitting in them.
- Go for the ones that have a strong back support. This ensures that people who want to take a nap will not slump towards the ground while resting.
- Look for lounge chairs that have a porcelain or ceramic finish. It makes them more durable. They can also be made to look like wood or other types of materials that look more traditional in a backyard setting. It is also easy to clean, and you won't have any trouble getting the sand or dirt out of the crevices.
Handcrafted to perfection, the Marquee Dahlia Accent Chair (featured here), bends class and comfort with its curves, and blends with any theme you choose to go with.
And you can now continue this look in your living room with a warm-coloured silk designer rug, bench, and an accent table. We have modern looks for outdoors as well, including the Lincoln Peridot accent chair and the Apollo Sonata outdoor accent table.
Talk to Our Designers Now!
There are many options for you to choose from when designing your home. If you are looking to add a personal touch to your space, just get in touch with us. Our design consultants and catalog experts are standing by, to provide you with ideas and inspiration for your home, office, studio, or outdoors.
You'll share what kind of designer look or feel you're after, and we'll help you find the right furniture and accessories for your needs!